Terms and Conditions for Use of stores and Website
Vendors.so Limited operates an eCommerce platform consisting of a website and private accounts
(“stores”), together with payment infrastructure, for the sale and purchase of consumer products in Nigeria
These general terms and conditions shall apply to buyers and sellers on the website and shall govern your
use of the website, stores and related services.
By using our website and stores, you accept these general terms and conditions in full. If you
disagree with these general terms and conditions or any part of these general terms and conditions, you must
not use our services.
If you use our website/services in the course of a business or other organizational project, then by so
Confirm that you have obtained the necessary authority to agree to these general terms and conditions;
Bind both yourself and the person, company or other legal entity that operates that business or
organizational project, to these general terms and conditions; and
Agree that “you” in these general terms and conditions shall reference both the individual user and the
relevant person, company or legal entity unless the context requires otherwise.
2. Registration and account
You may not register with our website as a vendor if you are under 18 years of age (by using our
website or agreeing to these general terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at
least 18 years of age).
You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the registration form on our
You represent and warrant that all information provided in the registration form is complete and accurate.
If you register for an account on our website, you will be asked to provide an email address and password
and you agree to:
Keep your password confidential;
Notify us in writing immediately at [email protected] if you become aware of any
disclosure of your password; and
Be responsible for any activity on our website or stores arising out of any failure to keep your password
confidential, and that you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
Your account shall be used exclusively by you and you shall not transfer your account to any
third party. If you authorize any third party to manage your account on your behalf this shall be at your
We may suspend or cancel your account, and/or edit your account details, at any time in our sole discretion
and without notice or explanation, providing that if we cancel any products or services you have paid for
but not received, and you have not breached these general terms and conditions, we will refund you in
respect of the same.
You may cancel your account on our website by deleting your account.
3. Terms and conditions of sale for sellers and buyers
You acknowledge and agree that: The website provides an online location for sellers to sell and
buyers to purchase products;
We shall accept binding sales, on behalf of sellers, but Vendor.so is not a party to the transaction between
the seller and the buyer; and
A contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between the buyer and
seller, and accordingly, you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products, upon the buyer’s
confirmation of purchase via the website.
Subject to these general terms and conditions, the seller’s terms of business shall govern the contract for
sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller. Notwithstanding this, the following provisions will be
incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
The price for a product will be as stated in the relevant product listing;
The price for the product must include all taxes and comply with applicable laws in force from time to time;
Delivery charges, packaging charges, handling charges, administrative charges, insurance costs, other
costs and charges, will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the product
Products must be of satisfactory quality, fit and safe for any purpose specified in, and conform in all
respects to, the product listing and any other description of the products supplied or made available by the
seller to the buyer; and
The seller warrants that the seller has good title to, and is the sole legal and beneficial owner of, the
products, and that the products are not subject to any third-party rights or restrictions including in
of third-party intellectual property rights and/or any criminal, insolvency or tax investigation or
4. Returns and refunds
Returns of products by buyers and acceptance of returned products by sellers shall be managed by
the vendor in accordance with the returns policy set on the store, as may be amended from time to time.
Acceptance of returns shall be in the vendor’s discretion, subject to compliance with applicable laws of the
Refunds in respect of returned products shall be managed in accordance with the refunds policy of the vendor
or store on the website, as may be amended from time to time. The rules on refunds shall be exercised in the
seller’s discretion, subject to applicable laws of the territory. The seller may offer refunds, in their
In respect of the product price; Local and/or international shipping fees (as stated on the refund policy);
By way of store credits, wallet refunds, vouchers, mobile money transfer, bank transfers or such other
method as the seller may determine from time to time.
Returned products shall be accepted and refunds issued by the vendor.
Changes to a returns page or refunds policy shall be effective in respect of all purchases made
from the date of publication of the change on a store.
Vendor.so shall receive as payment a 5 percent cut on all sales made by vendors. Information and
guidelines regarding pricing can be found here.
6. Rules about your content
In these general terms and conditions, “your content” means:
All works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video
material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for
storage or publication, processing by, or onward transmission; and
All communications on the website, including product reviews, feedback and comments.
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these general terms and conditions, must
be accurate, complete and truthful.
Your content must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of
etiquette and behaviour on the internet, and must not:
- Be offensive, obscene, indecent, pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- Depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner; or
- Be blasphemous, in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- Be deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful,
discriminatory or inflammatory;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person; or Constitute spam.
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, infringe any person’s legal rights, or be
capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under
any applicable law). Your content must not infringe or breach:
- Any copyright, moral right, database right, trademark right, design right, right in passing
off or other intellectual property right;
- Any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation; Any
contractual obligation owed to any person; or Any court orders
- You must not use our website to link to any website or web page consisting of or containing
material that would, were it posted on our website, breach the provisions of these general terms and
- You must not submit to our website any material that is or has ever been the subject of any
threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- The review function on the website may be used to facilitate buyer reviews on products. You
shall not use the review function or any other form of communication to provide inaccurate, inauthentic
or fake reviews.
- You must not interfere with a transaction by: (i) contacting another user to buy or sell an
item listed on the website outside of the website; or (ii) communicating with a user involved in an
active or completed transaction to warn them away from a particular buyer, seller or item; or (iii)
contacting another user with the intent to collect any payments
- You acknowledge that all users of the website are solely responsible for interactions with
other users and you shall exercise caution and good judgment in your communication with users. You shall
not send them personal information including credit card details.
- We may periodically review your content and we reserve the right to remove any content in
our discretion for any reason whatsoever.
- If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our website, or any material or
activity that breaches these general terms and conditions, you may inform us by contacting us as
provided at [email protected]
7. Our rights to use your content
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use,
reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content across our marketing channels
and any existing or future media.
- You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under section 7.1
- You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under
- You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by
applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been
waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these general terms and conditions, if you
breach our rules on content in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached our rules on
content, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
8. Use of website and mobile applications
- In this section 8 words “website” shall be used to refer to Vendor.So’s websites and mobile
- You may:
- View pages from our website in a web browser;
- Download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- Print pages from our website for your own personal and noncommercial use, providing
that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- Stream audio and video files from our website using the media player on our
website; and Use our website services by means of a web browser, Subject to the other provisions
of these general terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted by section 8.2 or the other provisions of these general terms
and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your
- You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes in respect of
selling or purchasing products on the website
- Except as expressly permitted by these general terms and conditions, you must not edit or
otherwise modify any material on our website.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- Exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- Redistribute material from our website.
- Notwithstanding section 8.6, you may forward links to products on our website and
redistribute our newsletter and promotional materials in print and electronic form to any person.
- We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website
and/or to functionality upon our website. We may, for example, suspend access to the website during
server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to
circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the website.
- You must not:
- Use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to
the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security
of the website;
- Use our website in any way that is unethical, unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or
harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- Hack or otherwise tamper with our website; Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of
our website without our permission; Circumvent any authentication or security systems or
processes on or relating to our website;
- Use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute
any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse,
worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- Impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth,
storage capacity and processing capacity);
- Decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without
limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our
website without our express written consent;
- Access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other
automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- Use our website except by means of our public interfaces;
- Use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including
without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or
- Do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
9. Copyright and trademarks
Subject to the express provisions of these general terms and conditions:
We, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual
property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are
Vendor.So’s logos and our other registered and unregistered trademarks are trademarks belonging to us; we
give no permission for the use of these trademarks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our
The third party registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks on our website are the property of
their respective owners and we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such
rights and as such we cannot grant any license to exercise such rights
10. Data Privacy
Buyers agree to processing of their personal data in accordance with the terms of Vendor.So’s
Privacy and Cookie Notice
Vendor.So shall process all personal data obtained through the website and related services in accordance
Sellers shall be directly responsible to buyers for any misuse of their personal data and Vendor.So shall
bear no liability to buyers in respect of any misuse by sellers of their personal data.
11. Due diligence and audit rights
We operate an anti-money laundering compliance program and reserve the right to perform due
diligence checks on all users of the website.
You agree to provide to us all such information, documentation and access to your business premises as we
In order to verify your adherence to, and performance of, your obligations under this Agreement; For the
purpose of disclosures pursuant to a valid order by a court or other governmental body; or As otherwise
required by law or applicable regulation
12. Vendor.So’s role as a website You acknowledge
- We do not confirm the identity of all website users, check their credit worthiness or bona
fides, or otherwise vet them;
- We do not check, audit or monitor all information contained in listings; We are not party
to any contract for the sale or purchase of products advertised on the website;
- We are not involved in any transaction between a buyer and a seller in any way, save that
we facilitate a website for buyers and sellers and process payments on behalf of sellers;
- We are not the agents for any buyer or seller
- And accordingly, we will not be liable to any person in relation to the offer for sale,
sale or purchase of any products advertised on our website; furthermore, we are not responsible for the
enforcement of any contractual obligations arising out of a contract for the sale or purchase of any
products and we will have no obligation to mediate between the parties to any such contract.
- We do not warrant or represent: The completeness or accuracy of the information published
on our website;
- That the material on the website is up to date;
- That the website will operate without fault; or
- That the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to
stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- We do not guarantee any commercial results concerning the use of the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to section 13.1 below, we
exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these general terms and
conditions, our website and the use of our website.
13. Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these general terms and conditions will:
- Limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law;
- Exclude any liabilities or statutory rights that may not be excluded under
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section 13 and elsewhere in
these general terms and conditions:
Are subject to section 13.1; and
Govern all liabilities arising under these general terms and conditions or relating to the subject
matter of these general terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided
otherwise in these general terms and conditions
- In respect of the services offered to you free of charge we will not be liable to you
for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever.
- Our aggregate liability to you in respect of any contract to provide services to you
under these general terms and conditions shall not exceed the total amount paid and payable to us
under the contract. Each separate transaction on the website shall constitute a separate contract
for the purpose of this section 13.4.
- Notwithstanding section 13.4 above, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage
of any nature, including in respect of:
- Any losses occasioned by any interruption or dysfunction to the website; Any
losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control;
- Any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to
profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts,
commercial opportunities or goodwill;
- Any loss or corruption of any data, database or software; or
- Any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers
and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability
entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in
respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these general terms and
conditions (this will not limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for
the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties;
such hyperlinks are not recommendations. We have no control over third party websites and their
contents, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from
your use of them.
1. You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against:
Any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal
expenses and any amounts paid by us to any third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred
or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of your use of our website or any breach by
you of any provision of these general terms and conditions or the Vendor.So codes, policies or
Any VAT liability or other tax liability that we may incur in relation to any sale, supply or
purchase made through our website, where that liability arises out of your failure to pay, withhold,
declare or register to pay any VAT or other tax properly due in any jurisdiction.
15. Breaches of these general terms and conditions
- If we permit the registration of an account on our website it will remain open
indefinitely, subject to these general terms and conditions.
- If you breach these general terms and conditions, or if we reasonably suspect that you
have breached these general terms and conditions or any Vendor.So codes, policies or guidelines in
any way we may:
- Temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- Permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- Contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they
block your access to our website;
- Commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or
- Where we suspend, prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website
you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including
without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
16. Entire Agreement
These general terms and conditions and the Vendor.So codes, policies and guidelines (and in
respect of sellers the seller terms and conditions) shall constitute the entire agreement between you
and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you
and us in relation to your use of our website
Should these general terms and conditions, the seller terms and conditions, and the
Vendor.So codes, policies and guidelines be in conflict, these terms and conditions, the seller terms
and conditions and the Vendor.So codes, policies and guidelines shall prevail in the order here
We may revise these general terms and conditions, the seller terms and conditions, and the
Vendor.So codes, policies and guidelines from time to time.
The revised general terms and conditions shall apply from the date of publication on the website.
If a provision of these general terms and conditions is determined by any court or other
competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these general terms and conditions would be lawful or
enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the
provision will continue in effect.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our
rights and/or obligations under these general terms and conditions.
You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any
of your rights and/or obligations under these general terms and conditions.
21. Third party rights
A contract under these general terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and
is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party
The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these general terms and conditions is not
subject to the consent of any third party
22. Law and jurisdiction
These general terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of the territory.
Any disputes relating to these general terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of the territory
23. Our company details
The website is operated by Vendors.So Limited. We are registered in Nigeria under
registration number RC 1742822, and our head office is at 8B Adediran Street, Magodo Phase II, Lagos.
You can contact us by using our email [email protected]